11 January 2011

favorite quick treats

Sometimes I want a yummy treat, but it's either too late to bake or I'm too lazy.  When this happens, I typically fall back on three of my favorite quick treat standbys.  Depending on which ingredients I have really chooses which one I make.  That is unless I have a craving and I send my husband out to buy the goods to make what I want.  So if you have a sweet tooth and not a lot of time to make something sweet, try one of these.

Recipe 1
Butterscotch Crunchies


What you'll need---

2 packages (6 oz each) butterscotch chips
½ cup peanut butter
6-7 cups cornflakes


What you'll do---

Step 1: Melt butterscotch ships and peanut butter together over medium heat.  
Step 2: Measure cornflakes into a large mixing bowl and stir in the peanut butter/butterscotch mixture.
Step 3: Drop from teaspoon onto waxed paper.  
Step 4: Allow to set (can put in fridge to set quicker, just put the wax paper on cookie sheets).


Recipe 2
No Bake Cookies


What you'll need---
1 stick butter/margarine
2 cups sugar
2-3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
heaping 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2-4 cups oats

What you'll do---
Step 1: Melt the butter then add the sugar, cocoa and milk. 
Step 2: Cook/stir butter, sugar, cocoa and milk until boils.
Step 3: Boil for 2 minutes
Step 4: Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla and oats.
Step 5: Drop onto wax paper with spoon and allow to set.


Recipe 3
Puppy Chow


What you'll need---
7-9 cups rice Chex
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

What you'll do---
Step 1: Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside (I like less cereal so I start with less and add more if needed later).
Step 2: Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter until smooth.
Step 3: Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
Step 4: Pour mixture over cereal and mix until evenly coated.
Step 5: Add powdered sugar and mix until coated (you can also pour it all into a large bag and shake to mix).

1 comment:

  1. We must be on the same wavelength. I totally made No Bake Cookies (Kyle's family calls them Doggie Doos) last week and Muddy Buddies (AKA Puppy Chow) on Sunday! I guess I need to try out your Butterscotch Crunchies.

    ReplyDelete